Re: Sydney intercity trains

In the message about  Sydney intercity tra*****, from TRAINMAN@OZEMAIL.COM.AU to ALL!, TRAINMAN@OZEMAIL.COM.AU said:"

TT> > Confirmed... at least for some services.  I was at Strathfield and
TT> > passengers were being told to change at Lidcombe for Blue Mountains trains.

TT> That does not prove they were running via Enfield!  It is far more likely that the train you are referring to was
TT> running straight out of Flemington Car Sheds.  Exactly what time was it?

Good point.  The time was approx. 12:45 pm when passengers at Strathfield
were being told to go to Lidcombe for Blue Mountains Services.

Other interesting intercity sightings:

At 6:15pm on the Saturday there was an intercity train at Meeks Road on the
line between the up Illawarra Local and the Down Goods... any ideas?

An intercity train arrived at Strathfield on the Down Local at 12:45pm on
Sunday where it set down it's passengers and departed as empty cars.

TT> > Probably the leading one got delayed somewhere along the trip.
TT> > Newcastle/Wyong trains run at 30 min. intervals during weekends.

TT> More likely that one was in fact the Katoomba train.

TT> > They run non stop from Hornsby Shore to Central.  With the South Coast
TT> > trains - although they terminated and turned back at Martin Place,
TT> > passengers were not conveyed between Central and Martin Place as used to be
TT> > the practice when this sort of working was necessary in the past.

TT> They were timetabled to.  They were supposed to leave Martin Place, and stop Town Hall, Central, Hurstville.

They certainly weren't advertised to the public as doing that anywhere...
Both at
Sutherland and Hurstville, up trains were advertised as stopping at
Hurstville and Central only with a mention over the Public Address sytem
that the trains would arrive at the underground platforms at Central.
The "Trackwork" flyers put out by Cityrail similarly stated the trains
would start and terminate at platforms 24/25 at Central with no mention of
Town Hall or Martin Place.

Regards,

Albert.

 * RM 1.31  * Albert! alberta@zip.com.au http://www.zip.com.au/~alberta/