Re: Sydney intercity trains

Albert Alcoceba wrote:

> Confirmed... at least for some services.  I was at Strathfield and
> passengers were being told to change at Lidcombe for Blue Mountains trains.

That does not prove they were running via Enfield!  It is far more likely that the train you are referring to was
running straight out of Flemington Car Sheds.  Exactly what time was it?

> Probably the leading one got delayed somewhere along the trip.
> Newcastle/Wyong trains run at 30 min. intervals during weekends.

More likely that one was in fact the Katoomba train.

> They run non stop from Hornsby Shore to Central.  With the South Coast
> trains - although they terminated and turned back at Martin Place,
> passengers were not conveyed between Central and Martin Place as used to be
> the practice when this sort of working was necessary in the past.

They were timetabled to.  They were supposed to leave Martin Place, and stop Town Hall, Central, Hurstville.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard