Re: Melbourne Ticketing.

Chris Gordon wrote:

> Customer Services wrote:
>
> > Here at Glenferrie (Melbourne), we have got those buttons on the bottom
> > of each platform ramp for a while now and yet to hear my friends
> > mentioning anyone pressing those buttons at non-emergency situations.
> > Then again, the school kids around this area probably haven't work out
> > the affect of pressing those buttons.  Unfortunately (from what I
> > heard), it takes a number of steps for station staff to reset the
> > barrier gates back to normal again.
> >
> > I.C.
> >

> It probility sets off an alarm as well.

Chris,

As far as I know, once those emergency buttons are pressed, all barrier
gates will be opened.  I am not aware any alarm installed at stations
like Glenferrie.  Then again, I could be wrong.  Not sure whether
Camberwell will pick up such emergency (other than through the video
cameras), as it currently controls the electronic PIDS (public
information display screens?) here.

Cheers,

I.C.

Translib Pty. Ltd.                                 A.C.N. 077 950 513
712 Glenferrie Road                        Telephone: +61 3 9815 1233
Hawthorn  VIC  3122                        Facsimile: +61 3 9815 1299
Australia                              Email: enquiry@translib.com.au
                                 Internet: http://www.translib.com.au
Books and Media            Information Service             Stationery
Approved CCT Library Supplier for Purchasing Victoria and MAPS Group