Re: Clyde Model A

After all the guessing that has gone on, I got out my "Diesels in Victoria"
video and found out what is hopefully the correct answer to yoru question..

* The "A" class was a rebuilt "B" class (which were the first Diesel Loco's
bought into Victoria in 1952)   Various improvements were made including
raising the engine power from the B's 1500 to the A's 1800 HP.  13 of the 26
B class which were manufactured were converted over into A's.  This happened
in 1982.

Here's a copy of a table which is online at
http://www.railpage.org.au/loco/vline/a.html

Type Diesel-Electric
Introduced 1983
Number in class 11; 11 in service
Manufacturer Clyde Engineering, Rosewater
Gauge Broad
Axles Co-Co
Length 18.542 m
Mass 118 t
Engine EMD 12-645E3B
Generator EMD AR10-A4-CA5 / EMD D18
Traction motors EMD D57
Power 1846 kW / 2475 HP
Tractive effort 294/212 kN
Speed 133 km/h

Slightly different to what my video said - but close enough!  :)

Reuben