Re: Melbourne Airport Link

On Wed, 7 Jan 1998 10:21:08 +1100, "J Richmond"
<richmond@melbpc.org.au> wrote:

>>Surveys released by the State
>>Government show that 96% of all surface passengers to the airport
>>arrive by car.
>
>Yes, but whay do you think that is, there is one bus every half hour from
>the city, that takes half an hour to get to the airport. Have you seen the
>number of Taxis around the airport?

   For what it is worth, I catch the Airport bus whenever I fly to
Melbourne, although it is a bit costly and dosn't run enough. (My
first time to Melbourne I flew Ansett, and not knowing where the stand
was I ended up at the stop outside the Qantas terminal. Being about
8am it was busy and I missed out on a seat on the first bus and had to
wait another 30 minutes. Since then I have found out where the Ansett
stop is and never been left behind again.). I would no sooner fly to
the moon that catch a MET bus, or a Taxi. Although I would consider a
train.