Re: Would an NR be faster than an XPT???

> I can understand though NRs reluctance to run 2 X NRs on this train simply
> to get the train from Sydney to Lithgow.
> As they dont have any crews along the way , realistically the 2nd loco
> would have to run to Broken Hill at least.
> Then the question is what to do with it .

The empty Elura wagons from Broken Hill to Parkes are run on a dedicated
train.  In order to run this train, National Rail usually uses the second
locomotive from the Indian Pacific.  Since the Elura - Port Pirie traffic can
be somewhat sporadic, I would imagine that extra power on the Indian Pacific
would only make its way to Broken Hill on an as required basis.

--
Matthew Clements - Project Manager - The Silverton Tramway Company
Phone: (03) 9592 1364