Re: FreightCorp Radios

mauried@commslab.gov.au (Maurie Daly) wrote in part and
I quote here:
>The downside of the PTCs ASW system on private operators like NR & SCT cannot
>be underestimated given that of all NRs loco fleet ,only 20 of its NRs can
>actually lead in Victoria,and there are only a handful of other locos so
>equipped.
>Traditionally the only limitations to operating trains in Australia were that
>the locos were of the correct loading guage and had the correct distances
>between the wheels.
>The last thing that Australia needs is more limitations on where locos can run.
>cheers
>MD

Thanks Maurie, you have just answered a query I
intended to post here.
How many of NRC's NR class can lead a train from Perth
to Brisbane via Adelaide and Melbourne.?

Terrific is it not, here we are a federation of states
and we would have the most disjointed railway system in
the World.!

It is a joke, and it will never be resolved while ever
the States are involved in non suburban railways.
Gough Whitlam when he formed Australian National
Railways back in the seventies was the only political
leader in Oz who knew what the answer was.

----Tell
Alice Springs NT