Re: Melbourne's Old Train Fleet

David Proctor wrote:

[SNIP]

> My understanding is that the double deck train is not too wide, but is too
> high for the western group of lines - Upfield, Broadmeadows, St Albans and
> Werribee. I'm not sure about Glen Waverley, Alamein, Epping or Hurstbridge.
> The set can, and does, operate every day over the Lilydale and Belgrave
> lines. It has been to Dandenong and Frankston without problems.

I seem to remember that while at school, I have seen some station
platforms along Lilydale/Belgrave lines had been "trimmed back" prior to
the introduction of 4D set.

I.C.

Translib Pty. Ltd.                                 A.C.N. 077 950 513
712 Glenferrie Road                        Telephone: +61 3 9815 1233
Hawthorn  VIC  3122                        Facsimile: +61 3 9815 1299
Australia                              Email: enquiry@translib.com.au
                                 Internet: http://www.translib.com.au
Books and Media            Information Service             Stationery
Approved CCT Library Supplier for Purchasing Victoria and MAPS Group