Re: Dorrigo

rodjg wrote...

<<The general public could not give a stuff about looking at rusting
hulks.>>

So why do we get up to FOUR tourist busses at a time? The bus operators have
always maintained that both a static display and an operating tourist
railway will be popular with the general public.

<< Could anybody tell me why such things as Sydney electric stock and 46
class locos are still dragged up to Dorrigo>>

Because it is a railway museum.

<<I am very concerned about the collection>>

Then why do you want it scrapped?

<<I do have a more knowledge about Jones than you may think.>>

Lots of people make this claim. None has offered a shred of evidence. DSRM
(and Keith Jones) have been subjected to investigations by the Australian
Taxation Office, the Police Fraud Squad, Corporate Affairs and other
Government agencies. The result: its all squeaky clean! Rather than making
unsubstantiated and vague waffle, if you have something to say, say it.

<<Has anybody worked out who owns what at Dorrigo? I understood that Jones
had title to all the rollingstock  and not the members>>

This is all on the public record. The rollingstock obtained prior to
incorporation is owned by Keith Jones as trustee for the unincorporated
body. This does NOT mean that Keith owns the rollingstock personally, nor
has he claimed to (he has been quoted out of context). The rollingstock
obtained since incorporation is owned by DSRM Ltd. As soon as the court
cases are settled, ownership of all rollingstock and the land will be placed
with a charitable trust.

Trevor