Re: Dorrigo

Look, the fact of the matter is that Dorrigo was once up and running.  At
present its a tip for rusting hulks.  I will give credit were it is due but
the only decent outfits are the Zig Zag, The Adelaide Rail Museum, Puffing
Billy and the Ballerine in Victoria plus one I saw in Tasmania because they
give the public what they want and are just not targeted at rail fans.  The
RTM lost the plot once it was thrown out of the Enfield Roundhouses and it
cannot tackle the locomotives it has.  Dorrigo may work as a tourist run,
however, it would only require a minimal amount of rollingstock plus a lot
of money spent on infrastructure. The general public could not give a stuff
about looking at rusting hulks. Could anybody tell me why such things as
Sydney electric stock and 46 class locos are still dragged up to Dorrigo to
rust away.. It is most unsuitable place to store rollingstock. I am very
concerned about the collection I do have a more knowledge about Jones than
you may think. Let us be realistic.  Has anybody worked out who owns what
at Dorrigo? I understood that Jones had title to all the rollingstock and
not the members and that is the cruz of the trouble at Dorrigo.

Cheers

Rod Gayford

Gregory D. Young <greggy@acay.com.au> wrote in article
<368954de.0@job.acay.com.au>...

> rodjg wrote in message <01be3333$ee820680$e8d66ccb@rodgayford>...
> >Dorrigo is sure going to make some scrap metal merchant a lot of money
one
> >day. It will never get off the ground while ever Jones is involved in
it.

> >Cheers
> >
> >Rod
>
> This has been said for the past 26 years and the collection still grows.
One