Re: Airport Link tunnel walk

On Sun, 27 Dec 1998 21:37:57 +1100, "Quinny" <yugger@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I must agree. Such a shuttle would do well.
>
>I have caught the tube from London Heathrow into the city several times. It
>is pretty much a nightmare.
>
>Although the systems are very different, the situation is similar. You have
>to fight your way through the commuters to get out of the damn thing.
>Although, the newer trains have space for luggage etc whic certainly helps.

Actually, I feel that there is a major difference - the tubes from LHR
start there so are empty, or fairly so depending on where you board.
The Sydney trains will pass through the airport stations already
fairly well loaded, I would have thought.

Changing the subject slightly, I was suprised to hear that lift access
is provided to the concourse area (middle level where tickets are
sold) at the international station but not to the actual platforms.
Can anyone confirm that I heard right?

David
David Cowans
Berowra Heights