Re: Rail Noise

Neil Waller wrote:

> Noise has been the subject of complaints from a number of lineside
> residents in the Adelaide Hills.   This, they claim, has increased
> since standardisation.
>
> I was at Blackwood at about 2130 watching the eastbound Patricks
> service hauled by a GM, 830, CLF, GM, CLP and a GM.   Quite simply
> the noise from the locomotives was deafening and the wheel-squeal
> almost painful (and the entire train of 49 wagons squealed).

Try living near the edge of town where the 60 km changes to 75 km and
the bedroom window is about 10 metres from the road (Hwy) and one road
train would make just as much noise as a train if not more exspecialy
when they have refrigerated vans or full of cattle and they don't have
any timetable they just keep going every few mins 24 hours of every day