Re: Sydney Public Transport Directory.

What fascinates me is that in the book, it says that by the year 2002, we
will have "one ticket" for all buses, trains and ferries (and tram).
I thought this was supposed to happen at the beginning of the last financial
year, when all modes of transport would of come under the one banner of
"Public Transport Authority" = "PTA".
May be the greedy private bus companies had other ideas?
Regards Michael.

Mylorace wrote in message <19981218232500.13673.00000969@ng-cc1.aol.com>...
>This new little booklet lobbed in my letter box yesterday with a lot of
puff
>for little Bob Carr's govt; ect but also with a lot of useful info as well,
one
>of the projects it mentions as started and due for completion by 2002 is
>theBondi Beach Railway,
>Can anyone tell me any more about this ?
>It also mentions a Hornaby to Newcastle High Speed Rail stage one to
Warnavale