Re: XPT Whinge,(cont)

David Proctor wrote:

> David Bradshaw wrote in message <3672984E.354E@ozemail.com.au>...
>
> >However, when I got up to get a bite to eat, I was amazed by the
> >peacefulness and quite of Cars D and C - pensioners curled up against
> >their little pillows asleep.
>
> Cars C and D are the "no-alcohol" carriages - this may explain the reason
> for the quitness.

Sort of.  The Booking computer defaults to alcohol cars, so the non-alcohol cars
are always the last to be booked, hence mostly empty.  If you want a good chance
of having an empty seat, book in a non-alcohol car.  It seems silly that the no
alcohol cars have to be walked through with any purchased alcohol from the
buffet.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard