Re: CityRail ticketing urgrade?

Michael Walker wrote:

> [snip]

> Sydney isn't the only one with machines that continuously break down!
> At
> Camberwell last week, I tried to purchase a Metcard 10 using EFTPOS. I
>
> punched in the ticket I required then the machine said to insert my
> card,
> which I promptly did. It didn't see it so I inserted it again. I then
> turned
> it round to insert it in case the picture wasn't as intuitive as I had
>
> thought. Still no luck. By this time the machine had automatically
> cancelled
> my selection so I entered it again and tried to EFTPOS. You guessed
> it, no
> comprehendo! I gave up after having my selection cancelled twice and
> went to
> the window to buy my ticket. The EFTPOS there worked perfectly and I
> had no
> hassles whatsoever with the BOM. Whilst it is great having the
> facilities,
> they are no use if they don't work as you point out. With EFTPOS, it
> just
> means something else is there not to work.

Michael,

Just checking, but were you using your debit card (or a credit card that
is linked to your saving and/or cheque accounts) when purchasing tickets
from the large ticketing machines?  I found some customers simply forget
that those machines will not accept credit cards as mean of payment.
The only way to pay with your credit card (min. of $10) is purchase your
tickets from booking office.  Of course, there are those debit cards
that seem to give us trouble - even when processed through the
BOM-EFTPOS.

Cheers,

I.C.

Iming Chan                                     Station Staff, Ringwood
                                                       Hillside Trains
Email: chani@translib.com.au                      Melbourne, Australia
   ** To reply, please remove 'X' at the end of my email address **