Re: CityRail ticketing urgrade?

In article <75aon3$q1f$1@reader1.reader.news.ozemail.net>,
  "David Proctor" <daproc.spambait@umpires.com> wrote:

> As a regular visitor to Melbourne, and one who, when there uses the public
> transport system like a local (in to work in the morning, out for a drink
> after work, then back home at night - and this for a continuous fortnight at
> a time) I don't know why the Melbourne people are still whingeing.

Thanks God someone finally said this!  A typical Melbourne station has
tickets available (and via EFTPOS which is very good) and online train
running details when unstaffed.  In Sydney - although I hate to say it - with
an unattended station (like in the PM with my local station, North
Strathfield) chances are the ticket machine will be down, or accept notes
only, or coins only, or not give change even though all three facilities are
capable by the TVM's it is rare to find all working at the same time.  And as
for train running details - rub a lamp, you've got no chance of that!

Although I try to defend CityRail as much as I can to the unknowing general
public, just like a lot of users on this group could, I'm afraid I can't in
this case and Melbourne has it up on us in my opinion with these facilities.

--
Paul McCabe