Re: Bungendore log traffic ceases!

"David Bennetts" <davibenn@pcug.org.au> wrote:

>Radiata Exports hopes to gain use of another railway siding just a
>kilometre out of town.  I don't know what is referred to here, perhaps they
>are considering loading on the first few hundred metres of the Captain's
>Flat branch, if they re-instate the pointwork and rehabilitate the track?

The Captains Flat branch junction is rather more than a kilometre out of
 Bungendore. Restoring the pointwork and making the track trafficable
(even for a short distance) might not cost all that much less than a
new siding in a more convenient (and accessible) location. RAC might
try to charge a fortune for installing an intermediate electric staff
instrument, also.

However the Bungendore yard sidings actually extend some distance
towards Canberra. Where was the loading being done that was deemed
obnoxious by the locals?

Eddie Oliver