South Gippsland Railway and other Victorian steam operators.

While following links from Railpage Australia tonight I found a web site for
the South Gippsland Railway.  The timetable page was dated "up to March
1998", which suggests that either they have moved/abandoned their web site
very quietly or they have a serious operating problem.  Could anyone please
advise if this organisation is still operating trains?

Also is it possible to predict the likelihood of fire bans in the Melbourne
area (including Dandenong ranges) in late December and January?  I am aware
that WCR suspended steam operations in November for some such reason, but
this may be just their different business focus relative to heritage
operators.

I am planning a visit to Victoria (very) shortly after Christmas, and hope
the information requested may save me a few wasted visits.

Thanks,

Jeff