Re: Overland cars for West Coast Rail

>How about EL + cars + 38 ???
>Realistically what about EL + XPT cars + XP powercar on trainsupply.
>Most traction power coming from the EL with assistance from the XP.

>Cheers

>Krel
>>Regards

This is an interesting suggestion that I had never considered.
Can the XP power cars be run in multiple with conventional locos , ie do they
have the same US 75V MU control , and  is there a MU receptacle at both ends
of the XP power car.
Also , is there any sort of rulings about having a push pull train with more
HP pushing than pulling.
I beleive that Hamersley do this , but cant think of any others.
I travelled once on a fan trip from just out of goulburn to Medway , where the
entire train plus dead loco at the front was pushed from behind,by another
train, and we were belting along at 80 km/h.

cheers
MD