Re: Future for QR Tin sets

Matthew Smith (matticue@corplink.com.au) wrote:
> As a matter of fact, I am programming a 3 car railmotor to do the Rosewood
> shuttle. If I had to use an SX set, it would be a simple case of diesels
> each end.

With new diesel railcars you could have a service further west every day.
That straight, flat double line is really going to waste. I hope QR buys a
commuter version of the diesel tilt train and upgrades the western line
for 160km/h running. You can then run sereral services per day to
Toowoomba. Queensland's two biggest cities are only a bit over 100km
apart, yet there are only two trains per week.

> By the way, there is a ban on using 1720 class diesels on suburban
> trains.

Grab 1620 from Redbank and put that on one end, and 1009 on the other. :)

Cheers
David