Re: TALGO tilt trains

 I seem to also recall some discussion about narrow to standard guage
talgo being rather difficult to do due to the large difference in the
respective guages. Standard (1435mm) to broad (1600mm) isnt very much at
all. The talgo mechanism was designed for standard to spanish broad guage.

 The problem in Australia is the narrow guage break of guage - the broad
guage is rapidly dieing out!. - standard guage links abound through the
broad guage regions. The only real standard-broad break of guage that
is significant is the Long Island steel traffic. None of the Victorian
broad guage is at this point isolated from Melbourne or the ports - it
just happens that exporting wheat via a standard guage port is suffciently
attractive to make it worth Vline transhipping grain - and then moving grain
from one hopper to another ist actually difficult once the conveyors are
built. I rather doubt there is any interstate to regional goods traffic
worth speaking of.

 The Talgo was orginally designed as a passenger train - and we no longer
have broad-standard passenger break of guage situations anymore, and the
narrow-standard break of guage in Brisbane may to to much of a difference
for the technology to work.