Re: XPT Whinge,(cont)

Michael Walker wrote in message <913207315.291386@woody>...

>On Countrylink it is currently 10% polite, 50% non-committal and 40% rude.

That sounds like GSR staff!

On my most recent trip on the Indian Pacific (arrived this morning into
Sydney!) I was forced to travel in steerage (oops, Coach Class) because the
sleepers were full. I complained to the buffet crew that the handbasin in
the gents toilet was overflowing, and that people were sleeping with their
feet on the folddown tables (apart from the hygiene issue, this is how they
break) - one hour later, nothing had been done so I went back to the buffet
at 2045 CST - despite the fact it was announced that it would be open until
10pm CST it was closed from 2030 till 2100 CST so the crew could have their
dinner (no announcemnt that it would be closing for a while).

I asked for the train manager, and the crew refused to get him until I told
them what it was about. I was told (not asked) to return to my seat and the
train manager would be down soon. At 2155, he still had not shown up, so I
went back to the buffet and told them not to bother sending the train
manager, and I would be forwarding my complaint directly to GSR directors,
two of whom I have the email address of (this was a bluff, but it worked).
The train manager was there in about 5 minutes.

David Proctor
daproc.spambait@umpires.com