Re: Melbourn, haven for loco haul

thalytgv@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> Anyway Stony Point line better off with a DMU, (what about the rumor
> Blue bird going to serve this line?)

It was just that, a rumour. Bluebirds would be totally unsuitable for the
line. They'd overheat with the stop-start running, just like the DRCs
did. It would be okay if each service ran express from Frankston to Stony
Point. :)

One plan included bringing some Jumbos (2000s) from Adelaide, but VicTrack
put a stop to that idea very quickly.

> loco haul trains accelerates slowly and I don't think Stony point line
> have potential passengers for loco hauls, other lines like Kyneton
> /Bacchus Marsh service for example loco haul trains turn around slowly.

You can turn around a loco hauled train in under 10 mins if you try.

Cheers
David