Re: Melbourn, haven for loco haul

thalytgv@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> According to Railway Digest, Melbourne's Stony Point line is the last
> place in Australia with locohaul suburban train since Bayside trains is
> resposible for its operation.

Yet another example of RD talking on fast forward while their collective
brains are on rewind. Have they been to Brisbane?

> I though Sunbury and Melton is also coverage of Met trains(I'm not sure
> who is resposible for operations of  these 2, V/ or Hillside) so there
> should be 3 lines all together with loco hauls suburban services.

These services are operated by V/Line Passenger, but will accept suburban
tickets. Sunbury still gets loco hauled trains terminating, but Melton and
Craigieburn are operated by Sprinters. This does not include trains
running on to other places.

Cheers
David