Re: Melbourn, haven for loco haul

 > C'mon, be fair - they say that /after/ the SX sets are displaced by 30
> new EMU sets (will they be more SMU's?) early next year, the Stony Point
> line will be the last suburban loco-hauled service.

We'll see.  The SX's have been on the endangered species list for years,
and they
aren't gone yet!

As an aside, would there be many/any class of suburban carriages in Aust.
that
could lay claim to being hauled in regular service by all three types of
motive power? (Steam,diesel and electric)?

John McCandless
johmc@topend.com.au
CLONCURRY NW Q