Tangara A/C Failures

I've had the "pleasure" of traveling in two Tangara carriages which have
had failed Air Conditioning units in the last several weeks. The
Carriage numbers were D6177 & D6116. The temperature on Saturday was in
the 30C's but inside it must of been at least 40C!

When I spoke to the guard to let him know the A/C wasn't working he
replied "Yep. I know." and that's all he had to say!! Why didn't he lock
the carriage off and transfer passengers to other carriages?

Are there any procedures in the event of A/C failures on Carriages?

Jon Lau