Re: Ausrail FAQ

1. A list of lines(  main, branch, suburban, suburban-branch non pass  ) and
when these where opened and closed and ripped up.
Maybe a list of stations. opened, closed, renamed.

2. A list of places of interest.  About three years ago now I asked this group
for a list of best bridge structures ( ie Wooden, steel, concrete etc) and   got
a good response. I'll try and find it for you.  Also include TT's roundhouses.

3. A list of places for best vantage points ( per state ) for the highest train
activity.

4. The rumour mill. Info with links on important topics eg the Melb - Darwin Via
the inland route. Re-openings of lines.  New services (eg Night trams in Melb)

5. Different classes of deisel & steam loco's photographed and identified.

Hope this is enough to get the thing started!

Cameron.