Re: XPT Whinge,(cont)

David Johnson wrote:

> David Penna wrote:
>
> >  but I don't know how many times I've seen poor shop
> > attendants/flight attendants/waiters/bank tellers/etc etc "grin and bear
> > it" when faced by all sorts of complete wankers who have nothing better
> > to do than be disruptive and/or abusive.  Why should railway staff be
> > any different?
>
> Because we tend to have a lower class of wanker than most.  I would bet that
> most people on this newsgroup would not know of Charlie Harris, but there was an
> article on him in Ken Date's last Railway Digest.  I saw him running for my
> train tonight, so I closed the doors and left.
>
> > In fact the sort of abuse that bank tellers have to put up with these
> > days seems to far exceed (except for the odd drunk&disorderly) anything
> > I've seen on a train.
>
> Catch the 01:55 from Bondi Junction to Cronulla, and see what you think of them.

In the past I've regularly caught late night Penrith trains, so I know
what you're talking about.  But the original post (if I remember
correctly) was not about metropolitan late night services, but long
distance XPT services.   In my experience XPT and even V-Line country
travellers (with the odd exception or odd group of losers) tend to be
much better behaved than your late night City Rail/Met passengers.