Re: XPT Whinge,(cont)

Jack wrote:

> Michael Walker wrote in message <913208531.803084@woody>...
>
> (snip commonsense argument)
>
> >>As for cranky PA's i can't comment on that side..... but i guess if the
> >>people who are travelling on the trains (most of em either free or at
> >>concession), were to treat the PA's with a bit of respectand
> understanding,
> >>well maybe they may receive the same back... As for travelling by
> >plane.....
> >>well that costs money....  No travel  vouchers on them
> >>
> >Yes, but should they treat all passengers like crap because most of them
> >are? I pay full fare on CL services on the few occasions I use them so
> >should I also get treated like crap because I am stupid enough to use the
> >same services as the so-called low life who ride free or concession?
>
> Ofcourse not...   but i think if pax treated staff with a little respect
> they may not get the curt and abrupt treatment they often receive ... it
> aint a one way street

Oh yes it is .. why should railways be any different to other service
organisations.  I'm not advocating that people behave rudely to train
employees - but I don't know how many times I've seen poor shop
attendants/flight attendants/waiters/bank tellers/etc etc "grin and bear
it" when faced by all sorts of complete wankers who have nothing better
to do than be disruptive and/or abusive.  Why should railway staff be
any different?

In fact the sort of abuse that bank tellers have to put up with these
days seems to far exceed (except for the odd drunk&disorderly) anything
I've seen on a train.