Re: Metcard - new message on tickets

Cosmo wrote:

> [snip]
>
> I've been catching the train from Holmesglen for the past three weeks,
> and
> for the whole time neither of the machines (1 "big", 1 "little") have
> been
> working. Also, the EFTPOS facility on the "big" has been removed and
> the gap
> covered up with a metal plate, and the dot-matrix displays on both
> machines
> are non-existent, instead replaced with a small clear perspex section
> that
> enables you to see inside the machines. And despite signs warning
> "machines
> out of order", every morning I see al least 3 different people trying
> feed coins into the machines. If the MET (or whatever the f*ck they
> are
> called now) want to improve the ticketing debacle, they should take
> notice
> of the newspaper guy who is there... he sells tickets, like the
> machines but
> is also able to help the elderly, give directions etc, and also
> doesn't eat
> your 10-buck note without spitting out a ticket.....

Sounds like the machines at Holmesglen is also damaged by the recent
"acid" attack!!  The company who supplied the automated ticketing
equipments is solely responsibile for the working of those machines.
Before having a station manned, you need a Booking Office Machine (BOM)
there (as not all stations have such facility).  Otherwise, it is
pointless to have a staff member there who could not sell tickets.

I.C.

Iming Chan                                     Station Staff, Ringwood
                                                       Hillside Trains
Email: chani@translib.com.au                      Melbourne, Australia
   ** To reply, please remove 'X' at the end of my email address **