Re: ROA Concession Cards

In article <Pine.OSF.4.05.9812121526480.25455-100000@ties.itu.ch>,
  arthur marsh <marsh@ties.itu.int> wrote:

> ROA cards don't carry photographs do they?
>
> I found an international student card quite convenient as it saved dealing
> with people suspicious of my eligibility for concessions.

ROA Concession cards have carried a passport sized photograph, the full name
and address, and the signature of the card holder for at least the last five
years or so.

International student identification cards are great, but the problem is that
a student will have to pay $10 for a card, even though they may use it only
once to get concession travel on a Countrylink service.

I find it strange that CityRail, but not Countrylink will accept a hologram
(this was CityRail's idea) on the institutional ID card which carries the name
of the institution, the name of the card holder, an expiry date, signature,
study status and a photograph.

Regards

Peter O'Halloran
Peter O'Halloran
Administration & Finance Officer
University of Canberra Students' Association

Email - poh@cts.canberra.edu.au
Website - www.canberra.edu.au/uc/sa/
Phone - (02) 6201 5447     -  Fax - (02) 6251 4248