Re: [Melb] Eastern suburbs bus operation changes

"Chris Brown" <sbrown@dragon.net.au> writes:

>Paul Dwerryhouse wrote

>>What on earth did they decide to do this for?

>To save money, I guess, while making it look like they are upgrading
>services.

...and then this begs the question: with all of the public transport,
education, hospital and general public services cuts, why are our taxes
still at the same (or higher) rates that they were at back in 1990? [Mind you,
I'd rather have the services back].

And where is all this extra money being channelled?

Since my whinging has gone off topic for both these newsgroups, I will
desist now.

Paul.

--
Paul Dwerryhouse                                        paul@xenu.ee.mu.oz.au
"The growing use of e-mail, not to mention Web-page publishing, threatens to