Re: Vic Tangaras

>Well after reading this thread, I thought I'd put my bit in.
>
>To the committed railfans out there it is undeniably a 4D.
>
>To the rest of us....
>it looks like a Tangara
>it sounds like a Tangara
>it smells like a Tangara
>it feels like a Tangara
>(it even screeches like a Tangara)
>so therefore we call it a Tangara!

And to the vast majority of people who ride the train, and who are not
railfans, it is the "double decker".  Probably most of the riders have
never even heard of the name Tangara, and having seen it today (at a
level crossing) I don't think it says 4D either.  I could see the word
"Development" but no "4" - might of missed it, of course.
John Dennis                         jdennis@acslink.net.au
Melbourne                                  denjo02@cai.com
Australia                   Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway
DBT URL:       http://www.acslink.net.au/~jdennis/dbt.html