Re: Richmond Line upgrading ( duplication?)

K & D wrote in message <366e3f0e.0@tpg.com.au>...
>Does anyone know the scope and completion date of this project?
>Is an additional (up) line to be laid north of the flyover between
>Blacktown/Seven Hills?

An additional up track will be constructed that is a continuation of the
dead end siding that currently stops
at the Sunnyholt Road overbrige, and will continue on to just west of Seven
Hills station. The points for this connection at Seven Hills are in place,
and concrete sleepers were installed in the siding at Blacktown some time
ago. Resignalling will continue, with a new complex to be constructed at
Blacktown. I've heard the new complex will control from Granville to Orange
and all associated branches. I would say Granville to Penrith (maybe
Lithgow) and Richmond branch in the short term, but the other may be just
wishful thinking.