Re: Vic Tangaras

>It is still not too late to do something in that regard. We have all the H
>cars some of which I believe were M cars and even if they weren't then a
BCH
>car might be converted into one (or two). Given the preservation projects
in
>the world today, OK perhaps we haven' got a lot of money here but do not
give
>up hope. Also the four MTH trailers currently on the Peninsula are also
>little unchanged. And not forgetting the two Harris motors they were until
>recently on the greasing train - are they still stored somewhere.
>
>Nope I don't all is lost yet. The trouble is we won't have any long
distance
>electrified routes to go for a fast run on. Roll on electrification of the
>South Geelong line.

Don't forget the two motors at the Williamstown Railway Museum. Also
remember, the last set (or was it the last two?) built was without asbestos.
The four motors from this set are two with the Rail Greaser and two at the
Museum. All you need now is for the PTC to give up their Harris motors, the
Railway Museum to give up theirs and find 3 Ts and a BT carriage (what
happened to the grey ghost trailers? Or else convert from H sets) and you
have your historical set.