Re: XPT Whinge,(cont)

I flew Qantas to Perth and found it very hard to sleep in the economy
seats..... plus why sleep when u get a sunrise over the eastern seaboard on
your return. superb..... I am going down to Melbourne on the XPT in January
and have been interested in any threads that come up.... Last time I was on
ANY Countrylink service was on the tilt train.. that was great.. I loved
it.... pity it's not running now....

As was mention in another thread that split off this one or another thread
somewhere else... There r far to many stops for perfect time keeping to be
kept. Why not have a train to Grifith everyday and only have the XPT stop
all stations from Junee or Coota to Albury then non stop to Melbourne. Why
should Countrylink provide a supirior train to the Vics for there own
country service.

I'll admit.... I drive when I go anywhere that trains or planes can take me.
Why I love driving. This time I have chosen to go by train being a train
buff and wanting to do this journey (really wanting to do the IP but costs
to much and takes to long but most likely worth it).

Chris.

PS... isn't Countrylink part privately owned now or am I mistaken.