Re: XPTs "run late", "34 percent jump in customer complaints"

On Wed, 9 Dec 1998 17:05:09 +1100, "Jack" <bd107@tsn.cc> wrote:

>And your point is?

Well if you could have read the whole article before shooting-off, you
would have seen that is was an exact, unadulterated, absolute original
reproduction (in plain text) of an article headed: "Trains run late",
from the Saturday December 5 edition of the Gold Coast Bulletin.

My point?  Well, I don't have one really at this time, but if you are
looking for one, then I would just say that unless travelling in
sleeping berths btwn Bne-Syd is waaaaay better than economy and first
class sitting, I'm not travelling by XPT unless I have no other
alternative.  The northbound to Bne seemed like torture.

I have travelled on the Syd-Cbr (and return) Xplorer, and found it
most enjoyable and comfortable.  The only 'problem' I experienced was
the male attendant in the "buffet" who had facial expressions as if he
had just sucked a lemon (or superglued his lips together) with bitter
attitude to match.

As for the food (a recent thread), I wouldn't call the food
"scrumptious", however I have always bought a slice (or two) of carrot
cake whenever I have travelled. :-)  The Anzac biscuits are so-so; we
have the exact same brand here at work, and one colleague said, very
cautiously, looking concerningly at the packet: "I'm not eating
anything from an Emu's bottom!" (they are made at 'Emu Bottom
Homestead', Sunbury).

Jack, if you *must* start hurling abuse to someone about this post,
why not call the Gold Coast Bulletin head office on 07-5539-2522 and
start a telephonic flame war with them?