Re: Privatisation and steam

Stuart Thyer wrote:

> Yes, no and maybe, I'm not being mysterious, it's just hard to get a
> straight answer from the ministry as to what is happening.  For example,
> all the workers at Newport workshops have been informed that the workshops
> will be sold off in 2 years, who may buy the site is a mystery, whether it
> remains a workshops is a mystery, the ministrys attitude towards the
> preservation groups on site is a mystery.
>

> --

All politicians are a mystery. I can remember when railway administrations
were able to make decisions for themselves and changes timetables etc to
reflect traffic changing traffic. Nowadays you cannot change the TTs unless
the pollies get a chance to "announce" the changes in their own electorate in
order to make us think that they are doing something for us - the voters. Are
we getting near an election or am I just being cynical.

DEL.