Re: Steepest train/tram line

BIG SNIP>>
>When they finally converted to metric they called them "kilometre
>posts" and the abbreviation became KP. Every where in Australia they
>call 200 kilometres 200km;.......... in Victoria it is the 200 KP. This is
even
>sillier when you get more exact 200.723 kilometres is described as the
>200.723 KP (I looked but could not find the post;-)).

Sorry Krell I've been calling them Marker Posts ever since they started
installing them on the Geelong Line..No engineman, I have heard, ever called
them Kilometer Posts????
                 Rod
 "cattle on the track at mp 234 plus about 12 telegraph poles" [cant read
the number on it as the rust has wiped it out]   But that is why the Working
timetable can  state parts of km's as they are painted on the telegraph
poles.