Re: Station announcements, Sydney

Hi,

Hubert Lam wrote in message <74d92b$ptr$1@toto.tig.com.au>...
>It's not the DVA that doesn't work. It's the person on the keyboad that
doesn't
>know how to work it, that's all.

Like I said, "it doesn't work", be it that the staff don't give a stuff or
be it that it is not automated. Listlening to an announcement one Saturday
night at Campbelltown announcing track work on the East Hills line where the
system was putting together a number of phrases I declare that the system
does not work. Listlening to the system pronounce "Sydenham" along with a
few other words that were clipped and badly put together was enough to
convince me.

David