Re: Steepest train/tram line

>Krel, I was just having a bit of fun, actually I agree with you entirely.
I'm
>reminded of Jim Selleto's famous reply during an investigation into why he
>burnt the blocks down to the shoes on a C class. Jim came down without
using
>the dynamic, at the investigation he was asked why he didn't use the
dynamic to
>which he replied "A2's didn't have dynamics"
>
>What did make Ingliston a little different to the much steeper grades in
NSW
>was the crazy speed limits allowed down the hill.
What are the speed limits on 1 in 48 in Vic?
I have driven a 600+ metre long container train weighing around 1800 tonnes
down  30 klms of
1 in 40 betweem Orange and Molong at 100 kph.
If the dynamic brake wasn't working I would slow that
down to 80kph. It isn't that hard to do you just have to hold onto them
until the speed comes back
to around 60 before you let them go.

John Mac