Re: Steepest train/tram line

In article <3668e424.0@news.highway1.com.au>,
  "David & Jan Winter" <winterd@nospam-icenet.com.au> wrote:
> The Joondalup line grades are very modest in comparison with those under
> discussion in this thread. Probably no more than 1:50 (2%).
>
> DW

I believe in Dunedin(south Island) New Zealand, a street used to have tram
run on it was the steepest tram line, now the tram is gone but the street is
still the steepest in the world, I can't remember the name of the street but
it is one of the must visit place in Dunedin

When Auckland and Wellington still have trams there were a few section having
impressive gradient as well. Now New Zealand Rail(TRANZ RAIL) still have very
steep railway lines in used.

James