Re: Murray Bridge to Mt Lofty Regrade

Neil Waller <nwaller@denr.sa.gov.au> wrote:

>There are a few people around Blackwood who would agree with you
>if we are to believe the Sunday Mail last weekend.

I noticed that as well, is the "terrible squealing" the
residents complained about, the NR's controlled
wheel slip.?

>I was merely commenting on Max Michell's proposal given that,
>unfortunately, $300 million to go over the range at Truro or
>Angaston is apparently beyond our reach.

I understand that.

>It makes emminent sense to go this way provided that the extra distance
>did not unduly affect train times.

I am sure there are other possibilities, but whatever
route chosen, the land acquisition will cost plenty.
If there *ever* is a complete realignment, it would be
hard not to imagine an improvement in times.
When AN floated the idea years ago, I believe there was
no detailed study on a bypass, just a corporate idea.!

Cheers

----Terry Burton