Re: Austrac

On Sun, 30 Aug 1998 01:01:03 +1000, Eben Levy <tkid@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>Bob Gioia wrote:
>
>> (SNIP)
>>
>> It will be interesting to see what motive power is used on these services and
>>
>> if it actually starts running on 31/8. I am told that Austrac have leased X38 from VLF
>>
>> but if I recall correctly the use of X class as leading units was banned in N.S.W.
>
>This would be because of the union not liking them with crew complaints. But as far as I know the union
>rulling does not effect Austrac drivers. They may well be in the A/THE union but they operate under
>different rullings.

All Austrac drivers are members of the PTU. Unless the ban was lifted (someone may be able to tell us if
so) the ban would still stand. As members of the union the Austrac drivers would have to follow the union
rules. This is not to say however that these drivers will remain members of the PTU.
Cheers
Bob

   -**** Posted from Supernews, Discussions Start Here(tm) ****-
http://www.supernews.com/ - Host to the World's Discussions & Usenet