R711

Recently there was a posting, and it might have been from Chris Haber, in
relation to the upgrading and overhaul of R711, with the intention of it being
used by WCR on the Warrnambool passengers.  At the time, I am sure that there
was mention that the unit is going to have MU capacity, for working with the
diesels.  I am a little unsure as to why there would be a need to have MU
capacity.
Can someone please explain, for this benefit of this technically deficient
person, the whole purpose of the exercise, and the likely intentions ??
--

Regards

David Donald
Springwood, NSW