Re: Level crossing collisions

David Johnson wrote:

> John Engleman wrote:
>
> > The second way to cut down on level crossing
> > accidents is to blow the damned whistle or horn.  And not some little
> > short toot.....lean on the bloody thing.
>
> We have an organisation which makes this difficult.  It is called the EPA.
> There is a level crossing at Jaspers Brush, where a special general order has
> been issued that drivers must use the "town" (quiet) horn only, for a short
> period of time.  The people complaining about the train noise there have also
> demanded that train drivers dim their headlights when approaching the crossing.

I believe something like this happened at Strathfield. someone built a new
apartment block right next to the railway so that it's occuapants can complain
about trains Wistling out of Strathfield must only give really small pops.

--
Bye for now,

Eben

My homepage will be up shortly...... "stand clear doors closing".

And one ring to rule ... err ... moderate them all!