My VHST article

CPAS (where I work) fielded a rather angry call from Transrapid today. I
was at a conference sessioin so I was unable to take it myself. They took
particular exception to me comparing their maglev with the Titanic, maglev
being "virtually impossible to derail" (their quote) and the Titanic being
"virtually unsinkable". I used it as an example of how even the most
careful design can fail in completely unforseen circumstances.

Transrapid has been invited to give a counter argument in the pages of the
press, to which I should have the right of reply.

On the other hand, the Conservation Council loved it.

Cheers
David