Re: Only a Rumour? 38s to Wodonga/Mel/Adl/Syd?

Yuri J Sos wrote:

> I'm seeking confirmation/clarification on a RUMOUR I've heard twice in
> the last week.
>
> The substance (can a rumour have substance?) of the rumour is that
> double 38s will visit Wodonga for the occasion of the city's rail
> centenary in November this year.  They will then continue on to
> Melbourne, thence to Adelaide and back to Sydney.
>
> I would have thought there would have been some publicity if this were
> true...... one person telling me this rumour was a VLF driver,
> but......
>
> I've checked 3801's home page (http://www.globalpresence.com.au/3801),
> but there's no mention there, apart from day tours on Sun 14th and
> 15th November.

Unless someone in Wodonga is prepared to put up some money to hire the
train I think it is unlikely you will see one 38 class let alone two. 3801
Ltd mainly do day tours based from Sydney unless they are hired by someone
to run trains to a specific location like the Easter Hiring for the BHP
youth orchestra.
Bob