Re: re Detonating Signals

Krel wrote:

> How's this for a scenario:-
> track gang wish to work on track at 100km post.
> They contact Train control (radio or mobile phone) with time and
> location requested. TC says "standby".
> TC contacts all trains (radio or mobile phone) that may run over the
> affected area and advises details with the instruction "DO NOT proceed
> past 95km (or 105km as appropriate) without verbal permission from
> Ganger Jones."
> TC contacts track gang and confirms details and assures that trains
> have been notified.
> Trains arrives in section and approaches 95km (or 105km) caling Ganger
> Jones on local radio (end to end) for permission to proceed and any
> speed restriction applicable. IF no contact the train STOPS and
> contacts TC who contacts the gang.

This is good, assuming that everything works.  What if they are at the 750 km post, and there is no
radio or phone coverage (most of NSW is like this!)  What happens if the crew forgets about it?

I am not saying that detonators are the answer to all our problems, but they have been around for a
long time *because they work*.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard