Re: Oh Dr Beeching

Bob <gioia@fastlink.com.au> wrote in aus.rail:

>For those that haven't already seen the TV guide the series Oh Dr
>Beeching (filmed at Highley on the Severn Valley Railway ) is back on
>Sunday morning at 4.40 AM on Seven. I'm not sure if it is the new series
>or a rerun of the last one.
>Bob

Well I'm certainly not staying up to watch it! It was one of the least
interesting "comedy" shows on T.V.

The plot was pathetic (all-right, what plot?) the cast had some merit,
but the scripting was in the same vein as "Carry On" and "Benny Hill"
- no, sorry, it was worse.

The only character that had any real personality was made of metal and
made puffing noises......

I know the producers may had gone to great trouble on the technical
aspects of running a railway, but they could have payed more attention
to the script.

Les Brown